Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Lesson in Forgiveness

Two nights ago I dreamt deeply,
Of a "has been" friend,
Somebody that I had a beautiful bond with.
I think of her time to time,
I desire her friendship,
Her advice,
Her understanding,
Her love.

I was selfish,
As I seem to be faulted by,
And allowed myself to fall in love with her past.
I tried to explain,
To open her eyes,
But she distanced herself,
So far, but always "just a call away"

...until now.


It has been four years,
I've longed for her forgiveness and have not received it,
Despite her throwing out our friendship,
Despite her saying wicked things about my love,
I have forgiven her,
For her hatred, her ill will, and grudge against me.

Like her,
I search for understanding,
But I forgive those who do me wrong,
Like her,
I breathe in and hold my breath for a lighter day,
But I open my eyes...
I just wish she would see,
Life is too short,
Too precious,
To not be free,
Of hate,
Of distrust,
Of bitter taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment