Sunday, March 13, 2016

Lesson of Patience

I pull away,
A premonition comes true,
My tire light goes on, I pull into a large empty lot.
A hissing sound is loud from the passenger side of my car.
I ran over a nail, my tire is quickly deflating, and I am broke.
The past three days have been trying,
A friend distancing herself because of a "lover's" wishes,
A family member or two avoiding my calls,
Or so it seems,
The person I am in love with acting as if I am calling at an inconvenient time,
And a nearly stranger trying to claim part of my future relating to a passion of mine, coaching.

Nothing has seemed to go right this week.
A while ago I would've been angry.
Angry at myself, angry with the universe, screaming to the skies asking what I've done to deserve this,
But today...
Today is different.
Today I hear a voice whisper "This is a lesson"
The universe is trying to give me a lesson on patience.

I smile through the frustration, realizing that it could be worse.
Maybe I ran over a nail and got a flat tire so that I would miss a potential accident,
Maybe my calls were ignored to teach me how to handle discouraging moments on my own.
Maybe my friend has been distant so I can learn to appreciate peace, solitude, and have time to self reflect.
Maybe my love has been selfish so that I reflect on my own selfish tendencies.

Tomorrow I will rise early,
It has been a while,
I will head to the shop to get a new tire, then head straight to a local school, where I will substitute and feed my passion.
I will read in a park,
Spill my guts to another,
And teach once more at night,
Finally capping my day with mediation and yoga.

Knowing this is a lesson of patience is a step in the right direction,
Awakening the flame in my soul.
Learning to understand and be calm.
I will persist.
I will learn from all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment