Monday, March 28, 2016

Lesson in Honoring Myself

Days have passed and I find myself as two very different people.

One is a person who gives her all to another, asks for nothing in return, and as a consequence becomes resentful.

The other is a woman, blossoming and growing spiritually and mentally. She is loving of all that surrounds her, but most importantly has learned to honor herself.

It is a balancing act,
One of practice and concentration.
I know the healthier of the two.

I refuse to lose her,
Refuse to get so lost in another that I lose myself.
It has become routine, but recognized,
And now boundaries will be set.

Will it be easy?
Of course not...
But the best things in life are worth fighting for.

I close my eyes,
Set my intentions,
To honor myself.
To love myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment