Thursday, March 10, 2016

Lesson of Stillness

For hours now I've thought of taking a blanket,
Laying under the newly born Spring night sky.
There is something comforting about Nature's embrace.
Silence fills my soul and my mind-
It is dangerous, yet inviting.

I am independent, but find myself needing something more.
This urge makes me feel 'needy' and I rebuke it.

My chest builds with anxiety as the hours pass through the night.
I find peace in the daylight, under the sun...
Under the largest flame we know of in our universe.

I feel as if my life is momentarily paused when I should be exceling.
My being craves a new lesson,
My soul searches for the lesson in being still.
Being still is something I've always struggled with.
I am a free spirit, floating with the waves of the ocean,
With the current of the wind.

Being still, my mind races more than ever.
And I wish it would slow down.
Like it does,
When I'm dancing,
Barefoot,
In the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment