Saturday, March 19, 2016

Lesson of Silence

After a long night, and an early morning
I reclined my car's driver seat back.
I had ten minutes to shut my eyes and enjoy the
Silence.

My body was tired, but I was doing what I love.
As I closed my eyes, the light of day graced my face,
Although cloudy, still not terribly dark.
Serenity took over my being.

I could hear the silence,
Understand the silence in a way I had not yet.
If you listen closely enough to silence, you can hear its many tones.
Its simple, yet beautiful song.

I felt still.
I felt comforted by the sound of empty air.
A smile snuck onto my lips.
This moment was peace.
This moment was joy.
This moment was love.
I felt whole.

Ten minutes felt like a lifetime.
I learned so much on my journey of Silence.
She is kind, she is warm and she is loving.
She does not judge, and she cares.

My lesson of Stillness was retaught,
As the silence swept over me.
I was happy.
I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment